The Bachelor of Science degree program in Accounting provides students with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities that relate to business and accounting including accounting principles, U.S. and international financial reporting standards applicable to conducting business in the global economy, and. the ethical and professional responsibilities of the accountant.
pon completion of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Accounting, graduates should have the necessary knowledge, skills, and aptitude to pursue employment as an entry-level accountant in public accounting, private industry, government, and non-profit organizations, or to obtain staff positions as auditors and consultants.
Graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply the objectives, constraints, principles, and qualitative characteristics that comprise the conceptual framework of accounting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply the fundamental aspects of accounting principles and financial reporting, including the preparation and critical analysis of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply the knowledge and skills required for effective decision making through analysis and evaluation of financial data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply multiple approaches in accounting practice that may be used to achieve a competitive strategic advantage in an increasingly global environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply the ethical, social, and professional responsibilities of an accountant in accordance with the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
Click Here for the Degree Requirements
Click Here for the Suggested Sequence of Courses